Progeny has today announced the acquisition of Leeds-based legal firm, Watsons Law.
The deal will allow Progeny to add the provision of experienced and expert real estate conveyancing to their unique professional services proposition.
The new service will exist alongside their current multi-disciplinary offering of independent financial planning, asset management, tax, HR and private and corporate legal advice and support.
Founded in 2004 and with a team of ten, Watsons Law is a technology and service-driven team of lawyers, specialising in conveyancing, land and property law.
Julian Watson, Managing Partner, Watsons Law, said:
“This is an exciting new chapter in our history and we’re delighted to become part of the Progeny fold. Watsons Law and Progeny share the same values of delivering excellence for the benefit of our clients. Joining Progeny is a natural fit for us.
“A larger firm brings opportunities of scale; becoming part of Progeny’s multi-disciplinary business offers unique opportunities for exponential growth. Our clients can now benefit from a vast range of additional services to meet all their legal and financial needs.”
Neil Moles, CEO of Progeny, said:
“Watsons Law will bring a huge amount of residential real estate conveyancing experience to the business, and with it we can offer another vital and high quality service to our clients.
“Julian and the team have a strong track record of unparalleled expertise and guidance in this space in addition to a quality client following. We’re delighted to be able to welcome them into the business and to include this new discipline in the spectrum of professional services we offer.”
A team from Progeny’s corporate legal department, led by Alistair Scott-Somers, acted as legal adviser to Progeny on the transaction.
Progeny’s acquisition news has been featured in a number of media outlets including
- FT Adviser: Adviser buys legal firm in conveyancing move
- Professional Adviser: National IFA Progeny adds conveyancing expertise with Watsons Law acquisition
- Legal Futures: Legal and financial services group expands with law firm acquisition
- The Business Desk: Growing advisory business acquires Leeds law firm
- Financial Planning Today: Financial Planner Progeny buys law firm
- The Law Society Gazette: ‘Most diverse’ professional services group buys Leeds firm
- Yorkshire Legal: Progeny expands into real estate conveyancing with Watsons Law acquisition
Notes to editors
Progeny is the first and only firm in the UK to bring together independent financial planning, asset management, tax, HR and private and corporate legal services.