Sometimes the best option for the owner-manager interested in selling their business is to sell it to the management team. They have the knowledge and drive to take the business forward, so this option provides a low-risk sale for most owners.
We can provide all the assistance and advice needed on how to finance and undertake management buy-outs and buy-ins. We have worked with both owners selling to management and management teams backed by private equity who are buying the business they work in.
Our experience of helping clients administer MBOs and MBIs across a number of sectors means that we are well positioned to provide the guidance and expertise needed to navigate these complex processes. We can offer support with:
- Funding for the buyout – private equity and bank funding
- Tax planning for the owner (see Business Sales)
- Advising owners who are rolling over some equity
- Tax planning to secure Entrepreneur’s Relief for the management team
- Negotiating with private equity houses